The The Guitar Shed online shop can be accessed at www.theguitarshed.co.za, related mobile sites and applications (“the site”). The site enables buyers to shop for items including musical instruments, sound equipment, software and accessories by selected local and international brands (“the products”) online and have them delivered door-to-door within South Africa.
All visitors to the site (“users” or “you”) will be able to see the products on offer, but only those who have registered for an account on The Guitar Shed (“account holders” or “you”) are able to buy.
Legally binding contract
All users and account holders, including those that buy from the site (“buyers”) are bound by these terms and conditions (“Ts & Cs”). By registering, or using the site at all, you recognise that you’ve read and accepted these terms and conditions. By registering, or using the site at all, you recognise that you’ve read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these T&Cs.
Should there be any clause in these T&Cs that you do not understand, the onus is on you to ask The Guitar Shed to please explain the relevant clause to you before you accept the T&Cs by using or buying from the site.
With whom are you entering into a contract?
The site is owned and run by The Guitar Shed, a division owned by 8 Bit Solutions (Pty) Ltd, registration number 2016/339331/07, a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa (herein after referred to as The Guitar Shed. More information about The Guitar Shed is available at the end of these terms and conditions.
Products and availability
Please note that the stock of all items on offer is limited. The Guitar Shed will make all reasonable attempts to ensure that special offers are brought to an end when stock runs out. If it happens that The Guitar Shed is unable to fulfil any order at the advertised price because stock is sold out, The Guitar Shed will let you know and you will be entitled to a reimbursement for the rand value you have paid for such product. This is described in more detail in The Guitar Shed’s Delivery and Returns Policy. Please note, the The Guitar Shed Delivery and Returns policy is incorporated by reference and therefore forms part of these T&Cs.
2. BUYING PRODUCTS
- The site allows you, the user, to place electronic orders (“order”) for one or more products on offer as long as such products are available and not sold out.
- A purchasing contract (“sale”) between you and The Guitar Shed only comes into effect once you have fully completed AND submitted the online order form for one or more products in your basket (“shopping cart”) AND your payment has been authorised by The Guitar Shed (or has been received into The Guitar Shed’s bank account). The above is dependent upon the product being available.
Products on The Guitar Shed cannot be reserved to be bought at a later stage, and placing an item in your basket without completing the order does not amount to a sale or an order. This means that The Guitar Shed may remove any item from your basket before the sale actually takes place in the event of the product going out of stock.
The Guitar Shed cannot be held responsible if an order has become unavailable by the time you try to complete a purchase at a later stage. The invoice for your purchase will be available online in the “My Account” section on the site. A copy of this invoice will be included in your parcel.
3. CANCELLING AND ENDING ORDERS
The Guitar Shed reserves the right to refuse processing of payment for any order and/or to cancel any purchase, partially or completely, with notice given to you. The Guitar Shed will be liable for reimbursing you the rand value paid only if you have already paid for the cancelled order. You have the right to return item(s) purchased (see The Guitar Shed’s Delivery and Returns Policy for more information).
The Guitar Shed reserves the right, in the interest of preventing fraud, to refuse the processing of payment for any order and/or to cancel any purchase, partially or completely.
The Guitar Shed may request documentation to complete the necessary fraud checks and cancel any order where the necessary documentation is not provided in a timely manner.
In the event of a fraudulent purchase being placed on The Guitar Shed, cardholders will be advised to initiate a chargeback via their bank in order to be refunded. The Guitar Shed does not process refunds for orders suspected of fraud.
The Guitar Shed does not provide order details relating to orders suspected of fraud.
5. PRODUCT PRICING
The price of each product is given in the product information.
The Regular Retail Price
- The Regular Retail Price (“RRP”) is the standard price that The Guitar Shed charges for the product. The RRP is determined by considering the suppliers’ price, market conditions, and the prices being offered by other local retailers.
- When a product is not on sale, on Outlet, or included in a discount promotion, the RRP is the price you will pay when you purchase the product (“purchase price”).
- Please note that RRPs can change over the course of several seasons over which the product may be sold. The RRPs applicable at the time the product is introduced may differ from the RRP at the time of your purchase.
The Discount Price
- When The Guitar Shed is having a sale, or has products in Outlet, or is running a discount centric promotion on specific products on the site – the discount price is shown on the product’s product page, as well as the Regular Retail Price (“RRP”). The discount price will be shown in red and the RRP will be shown alongside it – but will be crossed out.
- When a discount price is shown on the product page, the discount price is the price you will pay when you add the product to your cart at the discounted price, and conclude the sale at the discounted price i.e. the purchase price.
- Every reasonable effort will be made to ensure that the RRP and, if applicable, the Discount Price of all products on The Guitar Shed are correct at the time of your purchase. If, however, the product is offered at an erroneous price, The Guitar Shed will not be obliged to supply the said product at the incorrect price.
- The Guitar Shed will only be liable to return payment already made by you in the case you choose to cancel the sale once you have been made aware of the correct price.
6. DELIVERY FEES
- For orders of R850.00 or more, in main delivery centres within South Africa, The Guitar Shed delivers door-to-door free of charge.
- For orders under R850, in main delivery centres within South Africa, The Guitar Shed charges a R200.00 fee to deliver door-to-door..
- For orders of R3000.00 or more, if you reside outside of a main delivery centre in South Africa, door-to-door delivery is free of charge.
- For orders under R3000.00, if you reside outside of a main delivery centre in South Africa, door-to-door delivery is R400.00.
- The Guitar Shed does not deliver to PO Boxes.
- Every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that the delivery costs displayed on the site are correct at the time of your purchase. However, if a delivery fee is incorrectly displayed, The Guitar Shed will not be obliged to deliver products at an incorrect delivery fee. The Guitar Shed will only be liable to return payment already made by you in the case you choose to cancel the sale once you have been made aware of the correct delivery fee.
7. MAKING A PAYMENT
Paying by credit and debit cards
- The Guitar Shed accepts payments made by Visa and MasterCards, as well as chipped debit cards that have been activated for online purchases, and Electronic Funds Transfer (“EFT”).
- When you place an order, the transaction details are presented to the bank for authorisation of the payment amount.
- If authorisation is not obtained, the order is cancelled. If authorisation is obtained, payment is usually immediate. You guarantee that you are fully authorised to use the credit card for payment of your order and that there are sufficient funds in this credit card account to cover the costs of any transactions you complete on The Guitar Shed.
Paying by EFT
- Please note, when selecting to pay by EFT, you have 24 hours post placing your order to make the payment.
- When making your payment, please be sure to use your order number as your reference. This will ensure that The Guitar Shed can process your order as quickly as possible.
- The Guitar Shed will start processing your order as soon as your bank forwards the payment to The Guitar Shed. Depending on the bank, it can take up to 3 days from the time you make the payment (which has to be done a maximum of 24 hours after placing the order) to when it appears in our bank account.
- The Guitar Shed will start processing the order once your bank forwards your payment to us, but depending on the bank it can take up to 3 days.
- The delivery lead time as specified on the site only starts once The Guitar Shed has received the payment from your bank.
8. PLACE OF DELIVERY
- The Guitar Shed delivers within business hours in the Republic of South Africa
- As buyer, you indicate where in South Africa is, as well as contact numbers to be used in connection with delivery.
- In the case of door-to-door delivery, your parcel will be delivered to the address you specified in the checkout process.
- On inputting your address during checkout, the site will indicate to you whether your postal code qualifies for door-to-door delivery.
- In the case of door-to-door delivery, if nobody is present at the address at the time of delivery, our courier will on the second attempt of delivery use the mobile phone number you provided in your order and/or leave a note (in the letterbox if a residential address) to indicate that there was an attempted delivery.
- The courier will try once more, and if at that time there is still no one to sign for the parcel, it will be your responsibility to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange delivery.
- If you do not contact the The Guitar Shed within five working days of the courier’s attempting the second delivery, the courier will return the parcel to The Guitar Shed, and we will contact you via email to discuss potential re-delivery at your own cost.
- If this attempt does not succeed within a reasonable amount of time, The Guitar Shed will reimburse you the rand value paid for the product(s) purchased, Should a delivery fee have been charged on the order, this will not be reimbursed.
Delivery time and delays
- Unless we inform you otherwise, before you place your order and before the final confirmation, the estimated maximum delivery time for an order in South Africa, door-to-door is five working days.
- As outlined in Section 8.1 above, all The Guitar Shed deliveries take place during business hours, i.e. there are no deliveries over weekends or public holidays. Please take this into consideration when selecting your delivery address.
- A delivery is considered complete as soon as the parcel is accepted by an individual on your behalf at your specified delivery address, or the parcel is successfully delivered by Speed Services to the post office associated with your delivery address.
- This also applies when the package has been handed over by the courier, as indicated in the courier’s tracking system.
- It is your responsibility, as buyer, to ensure that you or the intended receiver of the gift (when applicable) inspect(s) the parcel on arrival and makes known any justifiable complaints. The receiver has the right to refuse the parcel if it appears to have been opened or if it has clearly been damaged.
- Such complaints and claims must be brought to the attention of The Guitar Shed by emailing email@example.com.
- If neither the depot nor the tracking system (under “My Account > Order History”) provides any indication where the parcel is, you need to call the call centre at +27 11 804 1362 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the parcel is found, it will be sent to the specified delivery address by the usual procedure, as set out in the delivery clause.
- If the parcel is declared lost, The Guitar Shed will notify you and reimburse you for the lost parcel (to the amount of the product purchase price and any relevant delivery fee).
9. DEFECTIVE ITEMS, RETURNS AND REIMBURSEMENT
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase due to a defect, incorrect product choice or other reason, you may return it to The Guitar Shed within 30 days of delivery, free of charge if you are based in South Africa, and either receive a The Guitar Shed account credit or a refund, or have the product repaired or replaced, depending on the situation.
The Guitar Shed does not accept returns outside South Africa.
The Delivery and Returns Policy informs your rights in this regard.
10. SALES RECORDS
Complete records of each transaction between you and Marshall Muisic are kept on the site for 12 months after a particular purchase or related transaction. During this time, you’ll be able to view and print out these records. After the 12-month period the responsibility of keeping such record falls onto you.
11. DISCOUNT VOUCHERS AND COUPONS
The Guitar Shed may release printed or digital discount vouchers/coupons (hereafter referred to as vouchers) from time to time. Such vouchers may be available through the website and/or from third-party websites, in magazines and other media.
Vouchers can be used for discounts on the site only as long as the voucher is valid. Given expiry dates cannot be moved.
Promotional vouchers are issued at The Guitar Shed’s discretion. Users don’t have the right to promotional vouchers and can’t earn them. Promotional vouchers are issued with specific terms and conditions that regulate how and when they can be used.
A voucher can only be used against a purchase on the site when the purchase meets the terms and conditions as specified on the voucher.
A voucher can only be used once and only one voucher can be used per shopping basket. Vouchers are not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash. The discount value of the voucher will be deducted from the total amount in your shopping cart. The remaining balance, if any, must be paid by you.
If you want to return an item bought with the use of a voucher:
If you have redeemed a voucher or discount voucher against a purchase, and you’d like to return all items purchased, The Guitar Shed will refund you or credit your account with the rand value of the purchase and re-issue the voucher or discount voucher, with the same associated terms and conditions.
If you have used a voucher or discount voucher against a purchase and then return some of the items purchased, The Guitar Shed will recalculate the total value of your purchase AFTER the returned item(s) has/have been deducted. If the recalculated purchase value no longer meets the terms and conditions associated with the voucher, The Guitar Shed reserves the right to deduct the value of the voucher off the refund for the returns, or, should you have credit in your The Guitar Shed account, to debit the value of the voucher off your account balance.
Promotion vouchers cannot:
- Be used to buy other vouchers
- Be exchanged for cash
- Be transferred to anyone else
- Be used after the expiry date
- Be used together with any other promotion, including against sales/ clearance items that have already been discounted in Outlet or are on special offer.
The Guitar Shed may make physical and/or electronic gift vouchers (“Vouchers”), as well as electronic promotional coupons (“Coupons”) available on the Website from time to time.
Vouchers and Coupons can only be redeemed:
- While they are valid, their expiry dates being unable to be extended; on the Website towards the purchase of The Guitar Shed products.
Vouchers cannot be:
- Used to purchase other Vouchers or Coupons;
- Used towards purchases at any affiliate websites or
- Exchanged for cash
Please note that certain Vouchers may be product-specific in that they can only be used to purchase specific The Guitar Shed products listed on the Website, e.g. Items that aren’t currently in Outlet.
A gift voucher value can be set by you, to any value between R50 and R10 000. The chosen value must be in rands, no cent values are permitted.
You may use more than 1 voucher per transaction, should you wish to.
If a gift voucher is used to purchase a cart that is of a higher value than the voucher, the residual amount will be tied to the voucher code.
You can check the balance of a gift voucher within your user account section.
If you have a gift or promotional voucher, that voucher can be used by someone other than you and you can assign your rights to use that voucher.
We assume no liability for the loss, theft or illegibility of gift or promotional coupons.
Conditions for the redemption of gift vouchers
You may purchase gift vouchers for use on the Site by yourself or as a gift. These gift vouchers will be sent to you or your chosen recipient via email.
Gift vouchers cannot be used to buy further gift vouchers. Gift vouchers may only be purchased through cheque, credit card or EFT.
The credit of a gift voucher does not accrue interest nor does it have a cash value.
Gift vouchers are not refundable for cash once purchased.
If the credit of a gift voucher is insufficient for the Order you wish to make, you may make up the difference through either card or EFT payment.
Anyone downloading or trying to download malware or damaging coding on this site, or who tries to gain unauthorised access to any page on this site, will be prosecuted.
The Guitar Shed will claim civil damages from such person if The Guitar Shed suffers any damage or loss.
You agree and guarantee that the username and password you use to log in is for your personal use only, and will not be passed on to any third party.
You allow The Guitar Shed to take all steps reasonably possible to ensure the integrity and security of the site and in the administrative office.
All credit card transactions on the site are protected by SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption and reinforced by various encryption processes with the aim of offering the most effective possible protection of any sensitive information. The Guitar Shed has no access to any confidential information regarding your payment method.
Only The Guitar Shed’s banking partner will access confidential information (such as your credit card number, expiry date, CVV etc.) from time to time.
The Guitar Shed’s registration documents and the registered domain name are verified and underwritten by Thawte.
The Guitar Shed is responsible for adhering to the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) with the sale of any products from the site. Similarly, The Guitar Shed is responsible for adhering to articles 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communication and Transactions Act in terms of payment systems and security.
However, neither The Guitar Shed nor any of its representatives will be held responsible for any loss or accountability of any kind that arises from the use of (or inability to use) this site, its services or content.
Furthermore, The Guitar Shed provides no guarantee, implied or otherwise, that the content or technology attached to this website is free or errors or omissions. Nor is there any guarantee whatsoever that service will be 100% uninterrupted or faultless. We encourage you to report any possible malfunctions and errors by emailing email@example.com.
Although the products on the site may be under guarantee, the site itself is offered on an “as it is” basis and is not set up or delivered according to your individual specifications.
It is your responsibility, before accepting these Ts & Cs, to determine whether the service available through this website satisfies your individual needs and is compatible with your hardware or software. Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this web site should not be regarded as professional advice, or as The Guitar Shed ‘s official stance.
We encourage you to obtain professional advice before taking any action on the strength of information, ideas or opinions expressed on this site.
This site is offered, controlled and run from the Republic of South Africa. As such it is governed by South African legislation, and subject to the disputes clause in these Ts & Cs.
You and The Guitar Shed are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts. Each and every section of these terms and conditions must be read as individual and separable from the rest of the terms and conditions.
Should any court or qualified authority find that any of the terms are invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the terms and conditions will remain standing, despite invalidity or unenforceability of an individual term.
The Guitar Shed has to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. For the ends of this clause, “”personal information”” is defined according to the details in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, number 2 of 2000 (PAIA).
The Guitar Shed is authorised to gather, store and use the following of your information:
Name and surname
Date of birth
Non-personal click patterns
IP address, and
ID or passport number
The Guitar Shed is entitled to gather, store and use the above information for the following purposes:
- To greet you when you access the site
- To inform you (if you have agreed to this) of facts regarding your access and use of the site
- To inform you (if you have agreed to this) of competitions and promotions offered by The Guitar Shed or its partners
- To set up non-personal statistics about internet habits, click patterns and access to the site
- To verify your identity when you make a transaction through The Guitar Shed
- To ensure the products are received by the addressee
- For remarketing purposes
- The above information is either gathered electronically through the use of “”cookies””, or provided by you voluntarily. You can regulate the use of “”cookies”” independently with your personal search engine settings
- You can choose to not receive any direct marketing information from The Guitar Shed and its partners
The Guitar Shed is entitled to gather, store, compile and share any information gleaned from you, subject to the following conditions:
The Guitar Shed may not make any of your personal details public unless you have agreed to it, or unless it is required for the purposes of any judicial process.
The Guitar Shed may compile, use and share any information that has no bearing on any particular individual, and The Guitar Shed owns and reserves the right to non-personal statistical information gathered and compiled by The Guitar Shed.
You acknowledge and agree that certain personal information (such as your full name, delivery address, email address and contact details) may be passed on to the courier company to ensure delivery of the products you have bought.”
15. CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Guitar Shed may, at its own discretion, change these terms and conditions or any part thereof. If you are a registered account holder, The Guitar Shed will inform you of changes by email (to the address you use on registration). At such point, it will be your responsibility to read through the revised terms and conditions to ensure you’re satisfied.
If you’re dissatisfied, you have the right to terminate your registration on The Guitar Shed.
If you are NOT a registered user, The Guitar Shed will be unable to let you know of changes to these terms and conditions.
It will be your own responsibility to visit the website to check whether the terms and conditions have changed, and to make sure you’re satisfied with the changes. If you’re dissatisfied with any changes, you should not use the site in any way.
Barring urgent or interim legal help that may be granted by a court of law: In the event of any disputes of any kind between you and The Guitar Shed, arising out of any situation catered for in these terms or conditions (or that arises out of these terms and conditions) and that cannot be resolved by the client service centre, the dispute may be presented for confidential arbitration.
Such arbitration will be handled according to the rules stipulated by the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa. These rules can be found here. (http://www.arbitration.co.za/downloads/expedited_rules.pdf)
17. LEGAL NOTICE ADDRESS
The Guitar Shed elects as address for all purposes regarding these terms and conditions, whether for legal notices or serving of other communication documents of any kind, the following address:
P.O. Box 791, Fochville, 2515
An electronic copy is to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Such copy must be delivered in conjunction with physical copy for serving to be effected.)
18. TERMS AND DISCONTINUATION
These terms and conditions take effect on the date of first publication of the website and continue indeterminately. They may be revised by The Guitar Shed from time to time (as described above), for as long as the website continues to exist and be operated. The Guitar Shed is entitled to terminate these terms and conditions or close down the website at any time, subject to processing any pending purchases.
If you don’t meet your obligations regarding these terms and conditions, including any incidents about payment and price or an order, and you neglect to rectify such non-adherence within 5 working days after The Guitar Shed has instructed you to do so, your access to the service will be blocked.
We have the right to close your account and deny you access to the site, depending on the severity of your actions. Such action on the part of The Guitar Shed will not have any negative effect on any damages The Guitar Shed may claim.
19. COPYRIGHT AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All content, trademarks and data on this website, including but not limited to software, databases, text, graphics, icons, links, private information, designs and agreements, are the property of or under licence of The Guitar Shed. As such they are protected by local and international legislation and agreements.
20. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION
When you sign up for a The Guitar Shed newsletter, opt into marketing communication, register an account, conclude a purchase, visit the site or send an email to email@example.com, you agree to get electronic communication from The Guitar Shed.
21. CORPORATE INFORMATION
The Electronic Communication and Transactions Act determines that when goods or services are provided via certain electronic transactions, the seller must make certain information public on the site where the goods or services are offered.
The Guitar Shed Information is as follows:
Name: 8 Bit Solutions (Pty) Ltd T/A The Guitar Shed
Company Reg. No.: 2016/339331/07
Core business: Online Retail
Legal Notice Address:
PO. Box 791, Fochville, 2515
Official email address: firstname.lastname@example.org